Worker injured, rescued after hand became trapped in mechanical equipment, firefighters say
MADISON, Wis. — A man was taken to the hospital after his hand became trapped in mechanical equipment, according to a release by the Madison Fire Department.
Firefighters were sent to a business along the 2200 block of Fordem Avenue around 1:00 a.m. Tuesday.
The man’s fingers were trapped between two mechanical rollers, the release said. Firefighters shut down the machine before releasing tension on the rollers.
The man’s hand was free within twelve minutes of firefighters arriving to the business, the release said.
The man was taken to a local hospital for his injuries.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.