Woman hurt in Milwaukee fire dies

Dodgeville apartment fire displaces 8 residents

A 35-year-old woman has died after she was injured in a Milwaukee fire last weekend.

The Milwaukee County medical examiner’s office said Kenyata Hawkins died Thursday at Froedtert Hospital in Wauwatosa.

Hawkins was injured in the fire Sunday. An autopsy has been scheduled.

Firefighters rescued the woman from a second-floor bedroom during the early morning fire.

A fire investigator tells Milwaukee Journal Sentinel the fire began in a microwave oven above a stove on the first floor.