WisDOT asks Thanksgiving travelers to plan ahead
MADISON, Wis. — The Wisconsin Department of Transportation asked travelers Monday to be mindful of construction around the state as they prepare for Thanksgiving.
WisDOT officials said there are still a few projects that are ongoing that could cause delays for drivers. The heaviest traffic is expected between noon and 8 p.m. on Wednesday and Sunday.
Some construction that drivers should be aware of include:
- I-39/90/94 is open to three lanes in both directions, but construction is ongoing at the WIS 60 interchange near Arlington and Lodi.
- I-90/94 is reduced to two lanes near Mauston due to work at the WIS 82 interchange
- Lane closures and speed limit reductions should be expected on I-43 between Capitol Drive and WIS 60 in Milwaukee and Ozaukee counties. The ramps at Hampton Avenue and County Line Road are also closed
- The exit ramps from I-41/US 45 are closed at North Avenue and Mayfair Road in Milwaukee County. Traffic delays should be expected on the interstate between Watertown Plank Road and North Avenue.
- US 10/WIS 66 is down to one lane in each direction at I-39 in Portage County. The northbound ramp to US 10 east is also closed, and drivers should detour using I-39 and WIS 66/Stanley Street. The turn lane from I-39 southbound to westbound WIS 66 is also closed, and drivers should detour using I-39 and County HH. The left turn lane from westbound US 10 to I-39 southbound is closed, and drivers should detour using I-39 and WIS 66/Stanley Street. The left turn lane from eastbound US 10/WIS 66 to I-39 northbound is closed, and drivers should detour using I-39 and County HH.
Officials also asked drivers to slow down and not use a phone while driving, especially in work zones.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.