Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra announces Concerts on the Square 2021 schedule
MADISON, Wis. — The Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra announced its 2021 schedule for Concerts on the Square.
Five concerts will be performed at Breese Stevens Field on Wednesday nights at 7 p.m. starting July 7. Audience capacity will be capped around 1,500 people per concert.
Tickets will go on sale closer to Memorial Day and be as low as $5. All money from the sale of tickets will support wages for the orchestra’s 34 musicians.
Below is this summer’s program, as provide by the WCO.
CONCERTS ON THE SQUARE PROGRAM
July 7 at 7pm: “Summon the Heroes”
- The WCO’s annual Independence Day celebration featuring Sousa, John Williams, and the 1812 Overture
- Will also feature Antonio Wu (piano), winner of the 2020 WCO Young Artist Concerto Competition
July 14 at 7pm: “Bringing Us Together – Put A Little Love in Your Heart”
- A journey through classical to modern, with emphasis on black composers from the ’30s to today
- Featuring special guests Leotha Stanley and Friends with gospel favorites
July 21 at 7pm: “Shakespeare in Love”
- A tour of classical repertoire inspired by the works of Shakespeare
- Featuring special guest Xavier Foley, an award-winning young double bassist representing the next generation of great classical performers
July 28 at 7pm: “Disco Inferno”
- Frequent collaborators Jeans ‘n Classics join us for their 8th Concert on the Square
- Featuring disco and funk favorites, such as Disco Inferno, Boogie Wonderland, and The Hustle
August 4 at 7pm: “Tchaikovsky Rocks”
- Featuring world-class young pianist with Madison roots, Maxim Lando
- Performing Tchaikovsky’s beloved Piano Concerto No. 1 in addition to other classic Tchaikovsky works
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.