PLATTEVILLE, Wis. - High winds tipped over a semitrailer and damaged several campers and homes in Grant County Monday as storms rolled through the area, officials with Grant County Emergency Management said.
Steve Braun with emergency management said wind speeds were reported at 60-70 mph in the southern part of the county.
Those winds tipped over a semitrailer in the parking lot of the Walmart in Platteville, damaged campers at a campground in Potosi and damaged homes across the area.
Braun said the areas most affected by the storm were Cassville, Potosi, Dickeyville, Platteville and Cuba City.
There were no serious injuries reported as of 9 p.m., but emergency crews were investigating a report of two missing kayakers near Dickeyville.
Rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain all possible Thursday night
Woman sets her own house on fire, damages 19 others
- Rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain all possible Thursday night
- Woman sets her own house on fire, damages 19 others
- Superintendent: 'We don't need to put guns in the hands of teachers'
- Flooding warning for 8 southern Wisconsin rivers
- NRA to participate in CNN town hall
- Wisconsin, other Midwest, Great Plains states could face severe flooding