A quick moving cold front will bring a line of showers and thunderstorms through southern Wisconsin Thursday afternoon and evening. The Storm Prediction Center upgraded southeastern Wisconsin to a slight risk for severe weather, while the rest of southern Wisconsin remains under a marginal risk.
Warmer air will be in place in front of the cold front. Temperatures Thursday afternoon will reach near 80 degrees. The front approaches, showers and thunderstorms will begin mid-afternoon.
Storms and showers will quickly drive southeast ahead of the approaching cold front. Some storms may bring strong wind gust and periods of heavy rain.
Any rain will end in the evening. Behind the front, Friday will be partly sunny and a little cooler.
Make sure to stay tuned to WISC-TV for the latest First Alert Forecast.
- Deadly Cyclone Bulbul slams into Bangladesh and India
- Crews battle large grass fire in northwestern Kansas
- Sydney faces 'catastrophic' fire threat
- More than 60 bushfires are burning in Australia
- Chris Reece tracks a sneaky system that could bring snow ahead of cold blast
- Warner Bros. Studio evacuates because of nearby wildfire