Unsettled weather will continue through Thursday for southern Wisconsin. A stationary front is parked across the area and will be the focus for multiple rounds of rain.
Areas north of Dane county have the highest chance for showers and thunderstorms through the day. Chances for rain will increase across far southern Wisconsin late tody and tonight. The strongest storms may produce large hail, strong winds and heavy rain.
Additional rain is possible on Thursday and Thursday night. Total rain accumulation through Thursday could be 1-3" for the region.
Expect rising water levels on local streams and rivers. No flood watches are in effect at this time, but the National Weather Service is monitoring the area.
- China issues alert as Typhoon Lekima approaches east coast
- Strong to severe storms possible Thursday
- Hotel employee serves customers alone for 32 hours during flood
- FDNY responds to fire in New York City's Times Square
- Tropical Storm Karen forms, watch issued for Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands
- Medics in the Bahamas can smell dead bodies