MADISON, Wis. - Madison had record-setting low temperatures Friday morning.
The temperature dropped to 9 degrees, which broke the old record of 10 degrees set in 1979.
News 3 This Morning meteorologist Haddie McLean said arctic air will stick around for one more day, keeping it chilly for the start of the weekend.
South winds and clouds Friday night will also keep temperatures in the 20s overnight. Highs the rest of the weekend will be closer to 40 degrees.
- It's official: NYC hasn't seen snow like this in 130 years
- It's business as usual -- for the most part -- on Capitol Hill, despite snow
- Is it really spring? 4th nor'easter in 3 weeks closes schools, delays flights
- 'Atmospheric river' triggers evacuations in Southern California
- Nor'easter will likely bring most significant spring snow in years
- California rain forecast prompts mandatory evacuations