A Freeze Warning has been issued for most of southern Wisconsin for Thursday night and early Friday morning. The forecast freezing temperatures will likely signal an end to the growing season.
The coldest temperatures of the season are expected Friday night. As an area of high pressure drops south out of Canada, skies will be partly to mostly clear overnight. Winds will also be light allowing temperatures to tumble to the lower 30s by daybreak on Friday.
Looking ahead, nighttime temperatures will be at or below freezing most nights.
- Pilot pulls off incredible sideways landing at UK airport
- Tokyo 2020 Olympics venues linked to earthquake safety data scandal
- Hurricane forces FL to ease voting rules in hard-hit counties
- A mild winter could be in store for many Americans, NOAA says
- Fire near California natural gas pipeline forces evacuation
- Typhoons cause Japan's famed cherry blossoms to bloom early