Townhouse fire displaces residents

Janesville garage fire spread to 16-unit building
Townhouse fire displaces residents

The American Red Cross is helping some Janesville residents with housing after a fire broke out at a townhouse Sunday afternoon.

According to fire officials, the blaze began about 2:30 p.m. on Sunday in the 3200 block of Midvale Drive. 

They said the fire started in a garage and then spread to a nearby two-story, 16-unit townhouse building.

Janesville fire officials said those townhouses are no longer inhabitable.

One firefighter had to be treated after a piece of ceiling fell on her.

Two other firefighters were treated for heat exhaustion.