Madison - 'Tis the season for award watch lists in college football.
Wisconsin junior running back Jonathan Taylor's one of 80 candidates for the Maxwell Award, given to college football's player of the year. The list will be narrowed throughout the season, and the winner will be presented with the trophy at the College Football Awards show on December 12th (ESPN).
Taylor led the nation with 2,194 rushing yards last season. He averaged 7.1 yards per carry and scored 16 touchdowns. Taylor won last year's Doak Walker award given to the nation's best running back.
- Taylor, Biadasz make AP preseason All-America football team
- Nails' Tales sculpture outside Camp Randall Stadium to be removed this week
- Wisconsin football ranked in top 25 in AP Preseason Poll
- Former Mallards star Pete Alonso sets rookie home run mark
- Former Packers running back Cedric Benson dies in overnight motorcycle crash
- Brewers struggle in 16-8 loss to Nationals