SEATTLE - The Seahawks fired offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell and offensive line coach Tom Cable on Wednesday.
Bevell, the quarterback who led the Badgers to a win in the 1994 Rose Bowl, was in charge of calling plays.
Cable was responsible for a run game and offensive line that failed to meet expectations.
It was a stunning sweep for head coach Pete Carroll, who has been immensely loyal to his assistants during his tenure.
Carroll's only other significant firing was offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates following the 2010 season, Carroll's first in Seattle. Most times when assistants have left, it's because they've received promotions elsewhere.
- Giannis leads Bucks to win in Washington, 104-95
- Danica Patrick confirms relationship with Aaron Rodgers
- North, South Korea meet again to discuss Olympics
- Brewers avoid arbitration with all their eligible players
- Simone Biles says she, too, was abused by former USA team doctor
- #1 Badgers blank Minnesota State, 6-0