MADISON, Wis. - The Green Bay Packers are adding more depth to their defensive line by signing a former Wisconsin Badger.
ESPN and other media outlets reported former Badgers nose tackle Olive Sagapolu was spotted at Packers training camp Friday morning. The team later confirmed the signing in a press release.
A new arrival at Packers camp: former Badgers DT Olive Sagapolu. pic.twitter.com/GmlB2l26JA— Rob Demovsky (@RobDemovsky) July 26, 2019
Sagapolu played in 44 games during his Badgers career, including 26 starts. He was limited to just 8 games in 2018 after suffering an arm injury against Northwestern, missing the final 5 games of his senior season. He went undrafted in this spring's NFL Draft, partially due to those injury concerns.
Sagapolu will likely compete for a backup spot on the Packers' roster behind starter Kenny Clark.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Nails' Tales sculpture outside Camp Randall Stadium to be removed this week
- Wisconsin football ranked in top 25 in AP Preseason Poll
- Former Mallards star Pete Alonso sets rookie home run mark
- Former Packers running back Cedric Benson dies in overnight motorcycle crash
- Brewers struggle in 16-8 loss to Nationals
- Fennimore wrestler goes for bronze at Junior Worlds in Estonia