BALTIMORE, Md. - Packers Quarterback Aaron Rodgers has been ruled out of Thursday's game against the Baltimore Ravens due to back tightness, according to the Green Bay Packers.
#Packers QB Aaron Rodgers' debut in Matt LaFleur's offense will have to wait: He's being held out tonight because of back tightness — as a precaution.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 15, 2019
Head Coach Matt LaFleur said he planned to play all the offensive starters, besides Aaron Jones, for about a quarter during the preseason matchup.
Deshone Kizer is expected to take the first team reps in place of Rodgers.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Reports: NFL admits mistake with penalty late in Packers-Lions game
- Three Badgers make AP Midseason All-America Team
- Packers beat Lions, 23-22
- Watch it here: Mason Crosby takes first Lambeau Leap after game-winning kick
- Middleton, Edgewood lead state girls golf
- Badger volleyball up to sixth in AVCA rankings