BALTIMORE, Md. - Packers Quarterback Aaron Rodgers has been ruled out of Thursday's game against the Baltimore Ravens due to back tightness, according to the Green Bay Packers.
#Packers QB Aaron Rodgers' debut in Matt LaFleur's offense will have to wait: He's being held out tonight because of back tightness — as a precaution.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 15, 2019
Head Coach Matt LaFleur said he planned to play all the offensive starters, besides Aaron Jones, for about a quarter during the preseason matchup.
Deshone Kizer is expected to take the first team reps in place of Rodgers.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Nails' Tales sculpture outside Camp Randall Stadium to be removed this week
- Wisconsin football ranked in top 25 in AP Preseason Poll
- Former Mallards star Pete Alonso sets rookie home run mark
- Former Packers running back Cedric Benson dies in overnight motorcycle crash
- Brewers struggle in 16-8 loss to Nationals
- Brewers lose to Nationals, 2-1 in pitchers' duel