GREEN BAY - Dexter Williams scored on a three-yard touchdown run to give the Green Bay Packers a 27-20 win over the Kansas City Chiefs in the final game of the preseason Thursday night at Lambeau Field.
Fourth string quarterback Manny Wilkins directed the game winning drive which ended with Williams touchdown run with 6:24 left.
Tim Boyle started at quarterback for the Packers and was 3-6 for 18 yards, but threw a touchdown pass to rookie tight end Jace Sternberger. Sternberger was later carted off the field with an injury.
DeShone Kizer replaced Boyle and went 8-15 for 77 yards with a touchdown and an interception.
The Packers ended the preseason with a 2-2 record while the Chiefs finished at 1-3.
The Packers will open the regular season at Soldier Field in Chicago against the Bears next Thursday night.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Middleton, Edgewood win state girls golf titles
- Reports: NFL admits mistake with penalty late in Packers-Lions game
- Three Badgers make AP Midseason All-America Team
- Packers beat Lions, 23-22
- Watch it here: Mason Crosby takes first Lambeau Leap after game-winning kick
- Middleton, Edgewood lead state girls golf