Green Bay - Packers rookie head coach Matt LaFleur got his first win in green and gold with 28-26 victory over the Houston Texans to open the preseason.
Green Bay forced four Texans turnovers and scored two touchdowns off those turnovers en route to the win.
Chandon Sullivan and rookie Ka'dar Hollman each logged interceptions for the Pack. Reggie Gilbert and rookie Randy Ramsey picked up a sack apiece for Green Bay.
DeShone Kizer got the start at QB for the Packers. He went 8 of 13 passing with 102 yards and a touchdown. Tim Boyle threw a pair of touchdown passes in back-up duty.
Former Madison Memorial star Jester Weah had two catches for 15 yards for the Texans.
Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and Texans defensive end J.J. Watt didn't play. Green Bay's next preseason game is Thursday against the Ravens in Baltimore.
- Wisconsin Badgers men's basketball releases conference schedule
- Quintez Cephus says he's eligible to play football again for UW
- On a shortened field, Raiders outlast the Packers 22-21
- Badgers receiver Cephus practices for the first time since his return
- Brewers bullpen struggles against Cardinals again
- Taylor, Biadasz make AP preseason All-America football team