MADISON - Micah Potter's final appeal to begin playing for the Wisconsin Badgers men's basketball team immediately has been denied and he won't be eligible until the Badgers 11th game of the season December 21st against Milwaukee.
The NCAA's Committee for Legislative Relief granted a telephonic hearing to Potter Thursday, but late Thursday afternoon, Potter announced on Twitter his final appeal was denied.
Potter said "my eligibility waiver was denied again today and sadly, we now have closure. I'm extremely disappointed and frustrated we've reached this point. I'm still confused why I am being punished for behaving in a manner hat the NCAA requests of its student athletes."
Potter added, "for the next month, my goal continues to be what it has been, of doing everything possible to prepare my teammates for upcoming games and supporting them from the sidelines."
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Badgers vs. Buckeyes: Head coaches discuss Big Ten Championship match-up
- Georgia Tech stops Wisconsin, 61-40
- Brewers find replacement for Yasmani Grandal, trade for Seattle catcher Omar Narvaez
- NC State stops Wisconsin, 69-54
- Dave Shaw returns to high school officiating
- Jonathan Taylor named B1G running back of the year