MIAMI - Former Wisconsin Badger offensive lineman Michael Deiter was selected by the Miami Dolphins with the 78th overall pick in the third round of the NFL Draft Friday night.
Deiter started a school record 54 straight games for Wisconsin, was a second-team All-American and first team All-Big Ten selection last season.
Deiter's versatility made him an attractive NFL prospect. He played tackle, guard and center at Wisconsin.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Late homer leads EC North past Sun Prairie
- Mineral Point falls in D4 championship game
- Blues beat Boston in Game Seven, claim Stanley Cup
- Cleveland Cavaliers hire Cal's Lindsay Gottlieb
- Wisconsin's Morgan McDonald named Big Ten Track Athlete of the Year
- Aaron Rodgers donates seven-figure gift to his alma mater