MADISON - Madison Memorial basketball star Leilani Kapinus announced Tuesday she'll be playing college basketball at Penn State.
Kapinus was ranked as the 30th prospect in the country for the Class of 2020 by ESPN.
Kapinus missed all of last season with a knee injury, but is recovered and competing in her senior year for Memorial.
She's a 5-11 guard who chose Penn State over Wisconsin, Minnesota, Arizona and LSU.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Georgia Tech stops Wisconsin, 61-40
- Brewers find replacement for Yasmani Grandal, trade for Seattle catcher Omar Narvaez
- NC State stops Wisconsin, 69-54
- Dave Shaw returns to high school officiating
- Jonathan Taylor named B1G running back of the year
- Several Badgers volleyball players claim All-Big Ten honors