MADISON, Wis. - The Madison Table Tennis club held its first tournament Saturday in an effort to bridge the gaps between clubs around the state.
Six teams from across Wisconsin were invited to the East Side Community Center for the first-of-its-kind tournament.
"The state is so spread out and the clubs don't get a chance to mix their players very often so we're saying, 'Hey, let's use this as an opportunity for club building community throughout the state,'" said Tom Running, president of the Madison club.
The tournament had a diverse assortment of competitors ranging from 15 to 60 years old.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Bellinger denies Yelich, wins NL MVP
- Wisconsin shakes slow start, cruises past McNeese St.
- Brother Act: Wisconsin signs Davis twins
- Welcome to Wisconsin: Introducing the newest Badger student-athletes on Signing Day
- Am Fam Championship raises big bucks for charity
- Top 50 All-Time WIAA Swimmers / Divers named