France - Former Wisconsin all-American Rose Lavelle scored a pair of goals, and the U.S. Women's National team dismantled Thailand 13-0 to open play at the 2019 World Cup. It's the most lopsided win in World Cup history, surpassing Germany's 11-0 win over Argentina in 2007.
Lavelle has nine goals in 28 international appearances.
Alex Morgan scored five goals for the United States, and Samantha Mewis chipped in with two.
Team USA's next game is Sunday, June 16th vs. Chile.
- Middleton, Edgewood win state girls golf titles
- Reports: NFL admits mistake with penalty late in Packers-Lions game
- Three Badgers make AP Midseason All-America Team
- Packers beat Lions, 23-22
- Watch it here: Mason Crosby takes first Lambeau Leap after game-winning kick
- Middleton, Edgewood lead state girls golf