OAKLAND, Calif. - The Oakland Raiders are being featured on this season of HBO's "Hard Knocks."
In the second episode, the Raiders and Los Angeles Rams participate in joint practices. That's when former Wisconsin Badgers player and Green Bay native Alec Ingold meets former Packer Clay Matthews.
Ingold, a rookie, grew up idolizing Matthews, and during the episode, he is shown blocking the edge rusher and sharing a special moment with him, according to raiders.com.
In a video clip from the episode, Ingold says, "I just blocked Clay Matthews," to his running backs coach Kirby Wilson.
This. Is. Awesome. https://t.co/CDz9UNggWB— Stephanie Olson (@StephO1821) August 15, 2019
After practice, Ingold introduces himself to his idol by saying, "My name is Alec, I'm from Green Bay. I went to Bay Port High School. I was hoping I'd get a chance to put my hands on you a little bit."
The Oakland Raiders play the Arizona Cardinals Thursday in preseason action.
Ingold is fighting for a spot on the 53-man roster.
You can watch "Hard Knocks" training camp with the Oakland Raiders here.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Nails' Tales sculpture outside Camp Randall Stadium to be removed this week
- Wisconsin football ranked in top 25 in AP Preseason Poll
- Former Mallards star Pete Alonso sets rookie home run mark
- Former Packers running back Cedric Benson dies in overnight motorcycle crash
- Brewers struggle in 16-8 loss to Nationals
- Brewers lose to Nationals, 2-1 in pitchers' duel