MADISON, Wis. - Packers officials want to raise a toast to the franchise's 100th birthday in August.
The Green Bay Packers said fans are invited to raise their glasses along with Miller Lite to toast the Packers’ 100th birthday this month with special "toast" events to be held Friday in bars in Green Bay, Appleton, Madison and Milwaukee.
Packers alumni will take part in the toasts at each bar. In Dane County, events will be held at the Silver Eagle in Monona, Headquarters in Oregon and the Draft House in Verona, according to the release.
Packers and Miller Lite representatives will also be at each event to lead the toasts, thank fans and distribute giveaway items, though what type of giveaway items or how many were not specified Wednesday night.
The Madison-area toast events will feature former Packers center Frank Winters, the team said.
Toasts are expected to take place at 7 p.m. at the Silver Eagle, 8 p.m. at Headquarters and 9 p.m. at the Draft House, however, the release said times are approximate and subject to change.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Rodgers throws two early touchdowns, Packers hold on for 21-16 win over Vikings
- Moustakas, Grandal lead Brewers to 5-2 win over Cardinals
- Prep Mania soars through Week 4
- Wisconsin football: No time to relax during bye week
- Crosstown battle between Lake Mills and Lakeside Lutheran goes to 5 sets
- Braun's blast leads Brewers to 3-2 win