MADISON - Wisconsin Badgers wide receiver Quintez Cephus has been suspended from the team.
The UW Athletic Department issued this statement Monday afternoon :
"Quintez Cephus, a junior with the Wisconsin football team, has been suspended from the team after violating the UW Department of Athletics’ Student-Athlete Discipline Policy, Director of Athletics Barry Alvarez announced Monday.
Cephus is suspended from competition and practice pending the availability of further information relating to his case.
During the suspension, Cephus will remain on official squad lists and may continue to receive support service in the sports medicine facility, the academic support center and the weight training room.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) protects any additional information regarding disciplinary actions toward a student."
- Taylor, Biadasz make AP preseason All-America football team
- Nails' Tales sculpture outside Camp Randall Stadium to be removed this week
- Wisconsin football ranked in top 25 in AP Preseason Poll
- Former Mallards star Pete Alonso sets rookie home run mark
- Former Packers running back Cedric Benson dies in overnight motorcycle crash
- Brewers struggle in 16-8 loss to Nationals