MADISON, Wis. - The Wisconsin men's hockey team fell to Michigan State, 2-0, in the series opener at the Kohl Center on Friday night. The Badgers fall to 10-11-3 overall and 4-7-2 in the Big Ten.
Mike Lewandowski scored for the Spartans on a power play in the 2nd period. Cody Milan added an empty net goal in the 3rd.
The Badgers outshot the Spartans, 20-31 in the game.
The two teams will face each other again on Saturday night at 7pm at the Kohl Center.
- Michigan State downs Badger women's basketball, 69-61
- 2018 Olympics: Medal Count
- Brewers announce plans to upgrade Maryvale facilities
- No. 2 Michigan St tops Illinois 81-61, seals share of title
- US team eyes medals in women's cross country skiing
- Chasing the Dream: Local Olympian inspires future generations of speedskaters