MADISON, Wis. - The American Volleyball Coaches Association rankings were released Tuesday, and the Wisconsin Badgers volleyball team are ranked No. 5.
This is the fifth season that the Badgers have been ranked among the top 10 teams in the preseason poll, according to uwbadgers.com.
For the 𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋ℍ-straight season, we are ranked Top-10 in the preseason poll‼️ pic.twitter.com/8q8ecXgWlb— Wisconsin Volleyball (@BadgerVB) August 13, 2019
The team ranked at the top is reigning NCAA champion Stanford. 2018 NCAA runner-up Nebraska is second in the poll. Minnesota is third and Texas is fourth.
Last season, the Badgers advanced to the Elite 8 in 2018 before losing to Illinois.
The team will host a Cardinal vs. White scrimmage on Aug. 24 at the UW Field House. That event is free to the public.
The Badgers will face Florida State on Aug. 30 during the Big 10/ACC Challenge at Chapel Hill.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Wisconsin Badgers men's basketball releases conference schedule
- Quintez Cephus says he's eligible to play football again for UW
- On a shortened field, Raiders outlast the Packers 22-21
- Badgers receiver Cephus practices for the first time since his return
- Brewers bullpen struggles against Cardinals again
- Taylor, Biadasz make AP preseason All-America football team