GRAPEVINE, TX - Miami has moved up to No. 2 behind Alabama in the College Football Playoff rankings, with Clemson slipping one spot to three and Oklahoma holding at four.
Wisconsin and Auburn remained next up behind the top four in a week when the top half of the selection committee's rankings were mostly unchanged.
Georgia, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State and Southern California followed in the same order as they did last week.
Over the next two weeks, every team in the top nine will play another team ranked in the committee's top 25, including four games matching top playoff contenders.
The Crimson Tide will play at Auburn on Saturday to decide a spot in the Southeastern Conference championship on Dec. 2. The winner plays Georgia.
The Atlantic Coast Conference championship will match Clemson and Miami on Dec. 2, and Wisconsin and Ohio State play in the Big Ten championship.
- US beat Canada to take women's hockey gold for first time in 20 years
- Michigan State downs Badger women's basketball, 69-61
- 2018 Olympics: Medal Count
- Brewers announce plans to upgrade Maryvale facilities
- No. 2 Michigan St tops Illinois 81-61, seals share of title
- US team eyes medals in women's cross country skiing