MADISON - Annie Pankowski scored two goals to lead the Wisconsin Badgers to a 4-0 win over Syracuse in an NCAA women's hockey quarterfinal game at LaBahn Arena Saturday afternoon.
Pankowski, who's a finalist for the Patty Kazmaier Award, scored at 2:33 of the first period and scored again 10 minutes later.
Abby Roque and Presley Norby added goals as Kristen Campbell made 15 saves to earn the shutout in goal for Wisconsin.
The Badgers will face two-time defending NCAA champion Clarkson in the national semifinals Friday, March 22nd in Hamden, Connecticut.
Minnesota and Cornell will play in the other national semifinal next Friday.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Badger wrestlers bELIeve in each other ahead of NCAA national tournament
- Scholarship in honor of Verona man killed in crash helps basketball team go to national tournament
- Clay Matthews is going home to play for Los Angeles Rams
- Report: Randall Cobb heading to Dallas Cowboys
- Packers re-sign veteran tight end Marcedes Lewis
- Wisconsin Badgers find out who they'll play in 1st round of NCAA Tournament