MADISON, Wis. - A Wisconsin Badgers football player is stepping away from the sport.
Redshirt junior offensive lineman Jon Dietzen announced his retirement on Twitter Monday.
"I've decided it is in my best interest to step away from football due to numerous injuries," Dietzen said in the tweet.
The Wisconsin native played 35 games for the Badgers and started in 32 of them.
"It was an opportunity of a lifetime to be a part of the Wisconsin football team," He added in the tweet.
Dietzen is one of four Wisconsin linemen who will not be returning to the team. Micahel Dieter, Beau Benzschawel and David Edwards will be entering the NFL draft.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Taylor, Biadasz make AP preseason All-America football team
- Nails' Tales sculpture outside Camp Randall Stadium to be removed this week
- Wisconsin football ranked in top 25 in AP Preseason Poll
- Former Mallards star Pete Alonso sets rookie home run mark
- Former Packers running back Cedric Benson dies in overnight motorcycle crash
- Brewers struggle in 16-8 loss to Nationals