MADISON - Wisconsin Badger goaltender Daniel Lebedeff is named the first star of the week in Big Ten men's hockey Tuesday.
Lebedeff led the Badgers to a sweep of two-time defending national champion Minnesota-Duluth at the Kohl Center last weekend.
In the two games, Lebedeff made 57 saves with a save percentage of .950.
It's the first career B1G weekly award for Lebedeff, who's a sophomore from Helsinki, Finland.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Jonathan Taylor wins back-to-back Doak Walker Awards
Biadasz wins first Rimington Trophy for Badgers
- Jonathan Taylor wins back-to-back Doak Walker Awards
- Biadasz wins first Rimington Trophy for Badgers
- Brett Favre, Jordy Nelson to be inducted into Wisconsin Athletic Hall of Fame
- 'We need more officials': Refs, coaches support bipartisan bill that penalizes harassing officials
- Badgers road woes continue with loss to Rutgers
- Jonathan Taylor receives First-Team All-American honors