PARADISE ISLAND, BAHAMAS - Ethan Happ scored 16 points and added 12 rebounds as the Wisconsin Badgers men's basketball team defeated Stanford 62-46 in the first round of the Battle 4 Atlantis tournament at Paradise Island, Bahamas Wednesday afternoon.
Nathan Reuvers tied the Wisconsin school record with nine blocked shots, equalling Brad Sellers mark in a game in 1982.
D'Mitrik Trice added 16 points while Brad Davison scored 14. Khalil Iverson had 12 rebounds.
Sophomore forward Aleem Ford returned to the court for the first time since he suffered a knee injury Oct. 29. Ford played seven minutes but did not score.
Wisconsin plays Oklahoma Thursday afternoon at 12:30 pm CT in a second round game in the Battle 4 Atlantis.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
NCAA: No. 12 Oregon upsets No. 5 Wisconsin
Verona native, Beata Nelson, captures NCAA title in 200-yard individual medley
- NCAA: No. 12 Oregon upsets No. 5 Wisconsin
- Verona native, Beata Nelson, captures NCAA title in 200-yard individual medley
- ESPN: Brewers manager says 'there's reason for concern' as reliever Corey Knebel gets elbow examined
- Badger wrestlers bELIeve in each other ahead of NCAA national tournament
- Scholarship in honor of Verona man killed in crash helps basketball team go to national tournament
- Clay Matthews is going home to play for Los Angeles Rams