MADISON, Wis. - The DeForest Norskies battled the Menasha Bluejays on Friday morning at Camp Randall in the Division 3 championship game.
In the first quarter, Menasha drove down the field and scored on a 9-yard carry by Davontre Smith. The Bluejays led 7-0.
With less than a minute left in the game, DeForest’s Trey Schroeder found Gabe Finley for a touchdown.
With 32 seconds left on the clock, the Norskies went for a 2-point conversion, which Schroeder successfully threw to Nolan Hawk.
DeForest defeated Menasha 8-7 and captured its first state championship since 1982.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Badgers vs. Buckeyes: Head coaches discuss Big Ten Championship match-up
- Georgia Tech stops Wisconsin, 61-40
- Brewers find replacement for Yasmani Grandal, trade for Seattle catcher Omar Narvaez
- NC State stops Wisconsin, 69-54
- Dave Shaw returns to high school officiating
- Jonathan Taylor named B1G running back of the year