Smoking pinball machine evacuates east side bar, officials say
MADISON, Wis. — An east side bar was evacuated Thursday after patrons noticed smoke and a light haze coming from a malfunctioning pinball machine, according to a release.
Firefighters were called around 11:15 p.m. to the Parched Eagle Brewpub in the 1400 block of East Washington Avenue on reports of a smoke smell and a light haze in the bar, officials said.
Everyone evacuated the business, according to the release.
Firefighters said there was a noticeable smoke smell, consistent with electrical or electric motors, but there was barely any smoke haze after everyone left the bar and the door was kept open.
A bartender told officials he believed the smoke came from one of the pinball machines, so he turned off the power to all the machines, according to the release.
The machine causing the issue was unplugged and will be serviced by the gaming company that owns it, officials said.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.