Sgt. credited with saving life in overdose case
Officer first to use Narcan training
MADISON, Wis. — A Madison police sergeant is credited with saving the life of a woman who was suffering from an overdose.
The officer was called to the 1600 block of Reetz Road early Friday morning and found a 24-year-old woman who was not breathing. The officer used Narcan in the woman’s nostrils and she began to breathe on her own. Madison Fire Department paramedics arrived to take over care.
Police said the sergeant was trained a week ago on how to use Narcan and he was the first officer to put it to use. Officers were trained because they’re often the first on the scene of overdose cases.