Residents forced to leave home following garage fire

Garage considered total loss
Residents forced to leave home following garage fire

A garage was completely destroyed, and a nearby home was damaged, following a fire Tuesday night in Middleton.

The Middleton fire department responded just after 10 p.m. Tuesday to the home in the 5300 block of Jonquil Court.

The garage was fully engulfed when firefighters arrived, but they were able to contain the fire before it spread to the house.

“The fire is contained to the garage area. That area is a complete loss,” Middleton Fire Chief Aaron Harris said.  “We are going to salvage and overhaul operations for the homeowners’ contents, and we are dealing with some flammable liquids from the vehicles and what you would normally find inside a garage.”

The house attached to the garage wasn’t badly damaged, but officials say it is uninhabitable due to heavy heat and smoke damage.