Reedsburg mobile home fire kills pet cat, displaces resident
REEDSBURG, Wis. — A fire at a Reedsburg mobile home killed a pet cat and displaced the resident Monday morning.
Firefighters responded to 325 South Grove St. shortly after 5 a.m. When crews arrived, they found the front bedroom heavily consumed by flames. Crews knocked down the fire quickly, but the home is considered a total loss.
The resident was able to escape their home uninjured. The Salvation Army provided housing for the displaced resident Monday night.
Authorities said they believe the fire started when a lit candle ignited a nearby curtain.
Alliant Energy and Reedsburg Utilities also helped at the scene.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.