RECIPES: Thanksgiving-Leftovers Pizza, Brussels Sprouts Salad with Cranberries
Chef Julie Andrews with UW Health at the American Center Learning Kitchen in Madison shares two recipes that creatively use your Thanksgiving leftovers!
1 (16 oz.) whole grain pizza crust
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
8 oz. cooked turkey breast, shredded or chopped
1 cup turkey stuffing
1/2 cup shredded white cheese
1/2 cup fresh cranberry sauce
2 Tbsp. fresh sage, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place pizza crust on stone and brush top with olive oil.
3. Top with turkey, stuffing and cheese. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly and crust is browned and crispy.
4. Remove from the oven. Drizzle pizza with cranberry sauce. Garnish with fresh sage.
5. Slice and serve.
Brussels Sprouts Salad with Cranberries
1 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
1 lb. fresh cranberries
Zest and juice of 2 lemons
1-1/2 Tbsp. honey
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Dash coarse salt and ground black pepper
2 lbs. cooked Brussels sprouts
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup turbinado or cane sugar
1. Bring water and sugar to a boil in a saucepan. When sugar is dissolved, remove pan from the stove and allow to cool until warm. Add the simple syrup to a bowl with fresh cranberries. Secure with a lid, place in refrigerator and allow to sit overnight. Remove cranberries from bowl and dry on a cooling rack for 1 hour. While cranberries dry, prep salad.
2. Zest and juice lemons into a bowl. Add honey and whisk in olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add Brussels sprouts and toss to combine.
3. Top salad with goat cheese and walnuts.
4. Place cranberries back in a bowl and toss with turbinado sugar until coated. Place sugared cranberries on top of the salad.