Porch fire caused by improperly discarded cigarette
MADISON, Wis. — Investigators with the Madison Fire Department said an improperly discarded cigarette caused a porch fire Tuesday afternoon.
Someone called 911 after passing by a northside home along the 900 block of Nancy Lane around 12:45 p.m.
Crews said a deck and siding were damaged and are estimated at around $500, according to a release by the Madison Fire Department.
No one was home at the time of the fire.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.