Police, paramedics help revive woman who overdosed on heroin
Investigation into incident is ongoing, officials say
JANESVILLE, Wis. — A 23-year-old woman was revived after overdosing on heroin Friday night, Janesville police said.
Around 10 p.m. Janesville police responded to the 500 block of South Parker Drive for reports of an unconscious 23-year-old woman, according to an alert. The woman was found unconscious and without a pulse when police arrived.
Officers provided chest compressions until paramedics arrived, police said. The woman did regain consciousness, and was transported for medical treatment.
The investigation is ongoing, and police will be making contact with other persons of interest in the incident, officials said.