Parents of child sue over fentanyl patch
Seamonson died in April
STOUGHTON, Wis. — The parents of a 2-year-old who died after ingesting a fentanyl patch are suing a nursing home, claiming that he picked the painkiller up there.
The Wisconsin State Journal reported the clear patch was found in Blake Seamonson’s throat. An autopsy indicates he died of “acute fentanyl intoxication.”
Melissa and Brian Seamonson, of Deerfield, filed a civil lawsuit this month against Nazareth Health and Rehabilitation Center in Stoughton. They claim their son ingested it a few days after visiting his great-grandmother Nov. 1. They think he might have put it in his Halloween candy bucket or run over it with his toy truck.
Nazareth spokeswoman Carol Russell had no comment.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued an alert about the danger in April, largely in response to Blake’s death.