One injured in Janesville apartment fire
Damaged estimated at $60,000
JANESVILLE, Wis. — One person was injured and at least 10 were displaced after a fire at an apartment complex in Janesville Friday night.
The Janesville Fire Department responded to the Aspen Square Apartments at 2615 Vail Court at 8:43 p.m. on a report of a fire in a bedroom. First responders found fire and smoke showing from a first floor apartment and quickly knocked the fire down, the Fire Department said.
The fire, which caused an estimated $60,000 in damage, was limited to the apartment in which it started, the department said. It had been deemed unintentional.
Fire officials said the fire was believed to have been caused by paper being lit on fire.
The American Red Cross is assisting some of the displaced residents.
COPYRIGHT 2020 BY CHANNEL 3000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.