Odana Road e-bike shop fire started by battery, firefighters say

PHOTOS: Fire at Crazy Lenny’s E-Bikes

A fire that damaged an e-bike shop on Madison’s west side was likely started by a lithium ion battery within one of the e-bikes inside the store, according to a release from the Madison Fire Department.

Firefighters were called to 6107 Odana Road just after 6 a.m. on April 15 on a report of a fire at Crazy Lenny’s E-Bikes.

The fire was reported by an employee at another retailer in the area. Fire officials said the fire stared near the back of the store. No one was in the store at the time of the fire.

Fire investigators said it’s possible a fault inside one of the bike batteries started the fire.

Damage from the fire is estimated at $350,000.