MADISON, Wis. - A favorite holiday lights festival is returning to the Henry Vilas Zoo.
Zoo staff said around 200 volunteers spent more than 2,000 hours transforming the facility. Nearly 1 million bulbs will help illuminate this year's display.
The festival also features pictures with Santa and free carousel rides.
"Our annual Zoo Lights festival is a fun way for Dane County residents and families to get into the holiday spirit," said Dane County Executive Joe Parisi.
"We hope visitors enjoy viewing the displays and taking part in festive activities.
"Zoo Lights" takes place Thursdays through Sundays from Nov. 29 until Dec. 29. The display will be open between 5:30 and 9 p.m. those days.
Tickets are currently on sale. They run $7 per ticket, or you can buy four-packs for $25.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Wisconsin county's threat to journalists came from top
- Protecting ourselves from worst of winter with 'hygge'
- Precious metals, coin broker sentenced to 54 months in prison for defrauding elderly clients
- 'It's a recipe for disaster': Security expert says in-home cameras can be a risk
- East High School students find cameras in their hotel rooms during school-sponsored conference
- Chances for freezing drizzle, flurries, light snow through Saturday, then colder