Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Christian Yelich is the recipient of the Hank Aaron Award, which is given to the best offensive performer in each league.
Yelich hit .326 during the regular season. He had 36 homers, 34 doubles and 110 RBIs, and he stole 22 bases.
The Hank Aaron Award was introduced in 1999, and Yelich is the second Brewers player to be honored, after Prince Fielder in 2007.
Yelich is also in the running for the NL Most Valuable Player Award, which will be announced in December.
J.D. Martinez, of the Boston Red Sox, won the AL Hank Aaron Award.
Martinez and Yelich were both in their first year with their respective teams.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Police share photo of wanted woman who stole car with partner in Janesville
- Police: Man with gun on porch threatens man outside
- 66-year-old woman dead after crash in Iowa County, sheriff's officials report
- Triumph over tragedy: How one woman's story lives on after organ donation
- Pitfalls and promises: States with legalized marijuana see mixed picture
- Dodge County starts using 'property DNA' to help reunite stolen items with rightful owners