MADISON, Wis. - Officers recovered shell casings early Tuesday from an area where gunshots were reported, police said.
The Madison Police Department said a woman told officers she was walking her dog around 5:30 a.m. on Shasta Drive when she heard the sound of voices arguing near Warner Park.
According to the report, a car sped past her moments later on Shasta Drive. The front-seat passenger had his arm out the window and was firing several rounds from a handgun. She could see muzzle flashes. Following closely behind the car was a van. It was also exceeding the speed limit.
Police said several area residents called 911. Officers recovered multiple shell casings from the road. There were no immediate reports of injuries or property damage.
- Hundreds turn out in Milwaukee for 2nd annual Women's March
- Suspect arrested in Wisconsin shooting that killed 2, hurt 1
- How WI senators voted on the government shutdown
- Potential Oscar nominee looks back on time at UW-Milwaukee
- Man dies in house fire in northeast Wisconsin
- Man with infant in car arrested for 6th OWI, officials say