TOWN OF BROOKLYN, Wis. - A McFarland woman will be cited for inattentive driving after a crash that injured her and two children Friday in the town of Brooklyn, the Green County Sheriff's Office said.
Officials said in a news release that emergency crews were called to the W1600 block of Mortenson Road at 3:46 p.m. for a one-vehicle crash with injuries. An investigation found the driver, Ashley N. Ring, 30, was using a GPS on her cellphone while driving east on Mortenson Road when she hit the shoulder and a traffic sign before crashing into a guard rail.
Ring suffered serious injuries and was taken to a hospital, the release said. A 6-year-old girl and 2-year-old boy were taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
All three were wearing seat belts or child restraints, the release said.
- Walker says he would be 'shocked' if Ryan drops out
- 7-Eleven clerk, robber, worked together in gas station holdup, police say
- 14-year-old's death renews tribal policing question
- Sheriff's office: Beloit man says he didn't kill woman, but disposed of body about 4 miles away
- Plane that led Normandy invasion discovered, restored
- Man falls through thin ice off shores of Brittingham Park, officials say