MADISON, Wis. - Several officers were spit on Saturday evening after responding to a disturbance at a residence in the 1100 block of Moorland Road.
According to a news release, police suspect a fire extinguisher was used to damage the door of a 19-year-old female who had reported past issues with the suspect.
Officials described the suspect in the release as a 25-year-old African-American woman.
Police said they found the suspect later while investigating and arrested her for criminal damage to property and disorderly conduct.
The suspect spat on the officers’ faces before being transported to jail, according to the release.
Officials said one officer was evaluated for a significant exposure.
The investigation is continuing as the suspect refused to identify herself, according to the release.
- Foxconn selects general contractor, engineering consultants
- UW–Madison graduate programs receive top rankings
- Wildlife center sees higher intake than previous years
- Sheriff IDs man found dead near truck submerged in Beaver Dam Lake
- Alzheimer's Association report shows increases in care costs, other findings
- Judge denies move to juvenile court in school stabbing