Authorities say a woman found dead on the shores of an eastern Wisconsin lake likely died of exposure to frigid temperatures.
Fond du Lac County sheriff's officials say 27-year-old Lindsey Klima was last seen leaving an ice shanty on Lake Winnebago approximately 100 yards from shore about 1:30 a.m. Monday.
The Fond du Lac woman was reported missing about 4:40 p.m. Her body was discovered on shore about 6:30 p.m.
Authorities believe she fell at the shoreline after leaving the shanty.
Nearly $35K raised for Beaver Dam residents displaced by controlled burn
Suspicious package found at Beloit Shopko does not contain threat, police say
- Nearly $35K raised for Beaver Dam residents displaced by controlled burn
- Suspicious package found at Beloit Shopko does not contain threat, police say
- Consumer Reports: Best carpet cleaning machines
- Call for Action: Power company to cut down trees near lines instead of trimming them
- Wisconsin man sentenced in Iowa to prison for enticing minor
- 2 teens charged in central Wisconsin gun shop burglary