MADISON, Wis. - A 25-year-old Madison woman battered a nurse and fled the hospital on foot Saturday morning, officials said.
Madison police said the incident happened at 1:45 a.m. in St. Mary's Hospital on 700 S. Park St.
According to a blog post from Chief Mike Koval, authorities found the woman nearby and tried to make contact, but she became combative. She was taken to jail on charges of battery to an emergency medical care provider, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
The investigation is ongoing.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Henry Vilas Zoo workers keep eye on weather, provide ways for animals to stay cool
- MVP Giannis' older brother Thanasis signed to the Bucks
- 1 sought, 1 arrested in Madison attempted homicide case
- 'That's what we're here for': Rock County businesses offer cool spaces to beat the heat
- Authorities crack down on Milwaukee drug ring; 15 charged
- Father, Madison College teacher who drowned saving kids remembered as 'real hero to many'