PRAIRIE DU SAC, Wis. - This week feels like Christmas for Philippe Coquard of Wollersheim Winery and Distillery.
The Prairie du Sac business owner has been preparing a gift for the past three years and this Saturday, he finally gets to present it.
In an effort to Do Something Good for local veterans, the winemaker, along with Tom Lerenz, Wollersheim Distiller, created a one-of-a-kind Red White & Blue American Whiskey.
With the help of a local farmer who grew red, white and blue corn exclusively for Wollersheim, Coquard and Lerenz decided to blend those three colors matching the percentage of the American flag. That’s 42% red, 41 ½% white and 7% blue. For three years, this spirit has been aging in Wisconsin oak barrels. That’s 500 bottles.
So why go through all this? Family. “She was in love with America before I knew what America was!” says Coquard.
Coquard said his grandmother was a woman of few words but when she spoke, everyone listened -- and listened closely. And because of her spirit, he created a new spirit, in honor of her -- and especially, of veterans. Local veterans will reap the benefit of sale of this Red White & Blue American Whiskey.
To find out what veterans have to do with this, and how you can get your hands on this limited edition whiskey, check out this special Do Something Good story, that you’ll only see here on News 3 Now and Channel3000.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Woman sentenced for arranging for boyfriend to sexually assault 12-year-old
- Beloit family says a dollar stolen from their car was final gift from late grandfather
- Severe weather threat ending across southern Wisconsin
- 71-year-old woman dies in hospital from injuries in Dodge County crash
- Police: Intoxicated man drives into tree during 2nd OWI offense
- Ice Cube's Big3 basketball league to compete at Fiserv Forum